as at 22 May 2019
This Policy describes how we collect, handle, use, and disclose information about you collected by Escapade Media.
Any information collected will be kept confidential and will not be traded or disclosed in any way to a third party without your consent. By providing information (personal and non-personal) to us, you consent to us collecting, handling, use and disclosing the information in accordance with this Policy.
TYPES OF INFORMATION
The types of Personal Information we may collect about you is information that identifies you or from which your identity is reasonably discernible (name, address, contact details, email, phone and fax numbers, your place of work, your job description, your company). It may also include your browser session and geolocation data, device information, statistics on page views and sessions, search queries and browsing behaviour, and other information about your access to and use of our websites (including through the use of internet cookies and web beacons). We may also collect additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, including through your use of our websites and applications, interaction with our social media accounts, and your accounts with us.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
We do not ordinarily collect sensitive information, but if we do, it will be given a higher level of protection in accordance with the Privacy Act and the GDPR. Sensitive information is a subset of personal information which includes information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, professional, political or religious affiliations or memberships, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health, genetics and biometrics.
The types of Non-Personal information we collect is information that is not linked to a specific person. This includes technical information such as your Internet Protocol Address, the domain you may have used to access our website, the type and version of browser or operating system you may be using, and the website you may have come from and visit next. Non-Personal Information is collected or derived by us through the operation of our website. For example, our web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information that is provided through your browser or stored on a Cookie or through a Web Beacon when you choose to visit our website. We may also receive Non-Personal Information about you from third-party business partners and other service providers. We may collect Non-Personal Information automatically via cookies. Where the cookies are not strictly necessary to the operation of our website, then we will only collect information about you from such cookies with your consent.
If you chose to supply your personal information to us via the Internet, we will only use such information for the purposes supplied.
We do not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our website. If you do, then such information will be deemed to be ‘non-confidential’ and we may use it in any manner and in any way (without limitation or restriction).
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT, USE, AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- to contact and communicate with you, and manage our relationship with you;
- to enable you to access and use our websites, applications and your accounts with us;
- to provide and administer our products, and for direct advertising and marketing to you (including to send you information about our products, and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you);
- for business development, to improve our products, and to operate and improve our websites and applications;
- to conduct competitions and promotions;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes, for reporting purposes, and to obtain professional services (including legal and accounting services);
- such purposes as permitted or required by law, or otherwise with your consent; and
- for purposes directly related to the above.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, we will only use your information where we have a legal basis to so do. This includes:
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you
- to comply with our legal obligations
- to meet our legitimate interests to run our business effectively, to understand how you use our services and to enable us to derive knowledge from that to enable us to develop new services and keep our records accurate and up to date. When we process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place strong and reasonable safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
These particulars of how we disclose include:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services (including technology service providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators);
- third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- our directors, officers, employees, volunteers and contractors;
- our existing and potential business partners;
- sponsors and promoters of any competition we run;
- Courts, Tribunals and Regulatory Authorities as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties who assist us in providing products and information (including via direct marketing) to you (which may be located outside of Australia or which store data outside of Australia);
- third parties to collect and process data (which may be located outside of Australia or which store or process data outside of Australia).
We do not, in the ordinary course of our business, provide to third parties (whether free of charge, for a fee or otherwise) lists containing the personal information of individuals for those third parties to market their products to the relevant individuals.
YOUR ACCESS TO, AND MODIFICATION AND/OR DELETION OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You have the right to request access to, and details of, information that we hold about you. We are entitled to charge you an administration fee in relation to such, as permitted by law. There are some circumstances where we may lawfully not consent to allow you access.
We will take all reasonable steps to correct any information that we hold about you.
In particular, you have the following rights:
- access your personal information;
- rectify, correct, or update the information we hold about you;
- erase your personal information;
- restrict our use of your personal information;
- object to our use of your personal information;
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability);
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY CONTENT
Our website may contain links to third party sites. We are not responsible for the Privacy Practices of such third party sites.
COMPLAINT AND CONTACT
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Escapade Media, Fox Studios Australia, Bld 16, Moore Park, NSW, 2021
Phone: + 61 408 978 631
LAST UPDATED: 22 May 2019